The Ontario Government is seeking comments on various suggested changes to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Regulation. The aim of the changes is to simplify greenhouse gas emission reporting in Ontario. Diane Saxe (here) has summarized some of the changes as including:
- changes to the Global Warming Potential (GWP) values to adopt internationally-accepted values
- clarification on verification statements
- clarification on temporary and partial closures
- changes to the guideline to remain consistent with requirements in other provinces
- streamline director approvals in the guideline
The Ontario government has provided a blackline draft of the changes, here. The comment period closes on January 19, 2015.